Online Reputation Management
Your online reputation is everything. Its what people find when they Google you or your business, and it may determine their impression of you before, or if, they ever meet you.
Unfortunately, in today’s socially connected age, your good reputation can be impacted overnight by negative reviews, malicious attacks, competitor sabotage, a regrettable misdeed, or an even an honest mistake. In a perfect world, you should be able to have all unfair, false, negative search results removed yourself. The bad news is that sadly, this can be more difficult than you might expect.
The good news is that if you are facing negative press, reviews, false ripoff reports or other unwanted negative content online there are steps you can take to repair your online reputation.
How does Online Reputation Management Work?
When faced with negative content online, there are two options for repairing your reputation:
Option One: Have the negative content removed.
This option is the outcome everyone wants. In some cases (although rare) it can be done. This approach includes:
- Asking the source to remove the content
- Submit a legal claim to Google (It can be done, but only in rare instances)
- Have the content or website removed by its host for terms of service violation
Option Two: Create, publish and promote positive content to push down negative results.
This is the generally most successful reputation management approach to help individuals and businesses restore their online reputation.
Our Reputation Management Services
At Digital Marketing Lighthouse, our reputation management strategies involve creating new positive content, curating and promoting existing positive content and optimizing it all to rank for front page Google results. Our online reputation management approach includes:
- Google Search Audit
- Negative Content analysis
- Research negative attack source
- Request removal of links/content
- Work media relations
- Promote existing positive content
- Create new positive content
- Social Media profile development
- Publish and optimize content to rank
- Reporting on progress